Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TriniGT's Project '06 Cross Sport Daily Driver

Thanks
    Wait nah I get moved to I get moved to Technical Write-ups, lawd, ah well updates will be slow from this point but will add as soon as I get anything.

Thanks
    damnnnn, i actually feeling a pain in meh chest seeing the fozz like that. The mounts i talking about is the Group N type engine mounts and the Energy Suspension Hyper Flex Polyurethane Bushing kit to swap all rubbers. Also the pitch mount and transmission mounts can upgrade to.
    The sway bars- go with a stiffer ones than stock- 24mm and beef up the end links- kartboy or whiteline.
    Handling will be great and also you wont have to replace them rubbers for a long time.
    I would go with the whiteline stuff too- a little expensive though!
    http://scoobytnt.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3038&dateline=1309193  652

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragular View Post
    damnnnn, i actually feeling a pain in meh chest seeing the fozz like that. The mounts i talking about is the Group N type engine mounts and the Energy Suspension Hyper Flex Polyurethane Bushing kit to swap all rubbers. Also the pitch mount and transmission mounts can upgrade to.
    The sway bars- go with a stiffer ones than stock- 24mm and beef up the end links- kartboy or whiteline.
    Handling will be great and also you wont have to replace them rubbers for a long time.
    I would go with the whiteline stuff too- a little expensive though!
    Don't mind getting the Group N1 mounts and the polyurethane bushing kit if I can get them locally. Also, where can I get stiffer 24mm sway bars, from an STi? If prices are right I don't mind saving the extra and putting them on one time so when the car is up and running I don't have to worry about bushings and whatnot.

Still looking for a driverside mirror outer plastic cover to replace mine and also whatever molding is necessary for the new windscreen. I have already swapped the wiper motor onto the SG5 setup as the SG5/SG9 wiper setup was damaged on impact but the motor seems fine. The motor connectors are different so opted to swap the motor over and had to put a washer to shim the motor just ever so slightly so that it would not rub on the bracket for the motor and cause it to jam when powered, will see how that works out otherwise I will need to think up of something else. I am also working on rebuilding the engine so will touch on that when I get some time and also looking at repairing some of the dashboard from my brothers knees breaking almost the entire underneath half of the driverside. Only thing that needs repairs now is a small piece of plastic welding to hold the underplastic for the driverside and the dash would be good as new.

Most of the A/C vents were cracked and seems to be a flaw on subarus but between both the front half and my own I managed to glue and repair them all. The colour scheme on my vents as well as the center console are different from the regular foresters with most everything being black which I like and my instrument panel has the rpm cluster in the center and the speedometer on the right side instead of the normal. Got STi auto pedals, STi unbranded seats, STi front bumper lip, STi unbranded mesh grill, I think all these things made me want to repair the car. I am trying not to cut corners by buying oem or better parts and not skimping on the HIDs either so that everything would be factory fitment when done. I have a little soldering to do on the transmission harness from the impact and also on the front harness that runs along the lower rad support as it was jammed as expected. Will strip the entire harness and go through all with a fine tooth comb and rejoin and solder and shrink wrap everything to make the continuity proper and problem-free and then re-loom it all and tape it all thoroughly.
    Last edited by TriniGT; 07-04-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Thanks
    ^ I stock the ES bushings Jason
    Teknet Company Ltd
    8 French Street
    Woodbrook, POS
    625-TNET ( 8638 )
    teknet@trinidad.net

Thanks
    Great Gerard, will make a trip tomorrow by 3M and price the undersealant as I want to thoroughly clean the underneath of all front and rear wheel wells and coat them in this stuff, wheel wells will be soaked and pressure washed and then dried and the 3M applied. The entire tunnel will be treated as well and if enough is there I will see what else can be done. Will be looking for a '02-'03 STi hood scoop as from what I have read it is a bolt on setup as I am looking for the higher scoop for asthetics and also to capture more air to cool the TMIC, an STi TMIC will also be sourced. Wheels also need to be refurbished as they have been thrashed by both my bro and his wife on many a pavement, I know they sell the hyper silver and hyper black paint so will get it done properly.................................. and the To-Do List grows and grows.

Thanks
    Don't mind getting the Group N1 mounts and the polyurethane bushing kit if I can get them locally
    Grp N mounts are nice. See my writeup here.
    http://scoobytnt.com/beta/showthread...Group+WhiteGDA

Honestly, for a daily beater, chances are you won't really need them. If you'e unhappy with the stock mounts and want something that makes the car feel more "direct" (with associated slight bump in some NVH) then yeah fine. Otherwise, using Grp N's as an "upgrade" to stock mounts for no other reason other than "upgrading" may not justify the cost....

My 2c.

Thanks
    By any chance was that accident happen outside Midcentre Mall in Chaguanas? I remember seeing a black forester some time back with a crumpled front end like that but thought it was an SG5?

Are you actually doing the work yourself or do you have someone working on it for you? Looks very labour intensive.

Thanks
    Nah that car seldom makes a central/south run, not the car for sure. As for doing the work, I ain't a straightener and painter but as for scrapping and reinstalling, wiring, engine work, suspension and brakes and all other related things that will be my job. I still wanna be able to learn to do repairs but for now I will leave that for a competent person. I am very picky but know what are my limits, I will only attempt things on my car because at the end of the day if it doesn't work no one to complain but me.

Thanks
    wow ... Is either you born with that DIY gen or not ... I find that looking like so much stress money and work,I never would attempt ... Hats off to you for taking it on . One of the much more intresting threads posted here a while now ... I look forward to the next update .

Thanks
    Boy for the cost of the car and the parts to fix it through getting deals and friends helping with better prices I have so far been able to keep the car within budget. I am looking at spending about another $25,000 -$30,000 to have it completed to my liking, that would include uprated suspension and bushes, painted and maybe Brembos with a little luck. Still need to get a lot of small things like overflow bottle, radiator, condenser and fans, oil filler neck, driveshaft, washer bottle, not the regular engine bay one but the one that is relocated to behing the passenger side bumper. Of course some more critical than others so month by month things will progress.