Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Charging the EJ16 1.6 TS parts list by Ola

Thanks

Turbo Charging the EJ16 1.6 TS parts list by Ola

Disclaimer
    TSOC nor Myself [Ola] will not be held responsible or accountable for any fault incurred during the modification process, nor will we be held responsible for faults encountered after the modification process, from the information posted on this thread concerning parts to be used, and advice given at TSOC.

I have to put this as i do not know what kind of work other guys out there will do

Ola

Ok as for fitting the turbo and muffler work I looked around a bit, i almost choose Farley to do the job but his price got pretty hot from what we had originally agreed to in first the place. I ended up going with LifeWear mufflers in Petit Bourg... even though they have never done anything like this before their quality of work was sublime. They normally charge around 3000TTD to do it but since mine was a Turbo kit design no install was required because and I can put everything back together later on my own time.

Parts List: -
    2002 EJ16 shortblock
    2002 EJ16 heads
    2001 Mitsubushi TF-035 turbo
    K&N Cone filter
    WRX radiator
    STOCK injectors
    aeromotive fpr
    walbro 255lph pump
    ngk iridium plugs (BKR7EIX)
    Custom 2 1/2" down pipe
    Custom 2" Up pipe
    dei turbo heat blanket
    dei heatwrap
    perrin crank pulley
    short throw shifter
    Forester intercooler : $800 or cheaper
    Upgraded Stock Exhaust - well it's your preference what exhaust system to use, but the most efficient is to upgrade your stock Ts exhaust system to 2 1/2", the piping of course will be custom made so don't let anyone tie you up and sell u the entire system for like 2000...because what you are essentially doing is upgrading each section of your stock exhaust system diameter....and to finish it off you should get a stock STi/WRX axle back for about 3-500 just to finish it off keep it quiet, if that isn't your preference you buy anyone of those fart cannons for noise.
    Hydraulic fittings and steel braided lines- about 250-300
    Forester TF035 or Wrx TD04 turbo are ideal. they cost about 800TT and about 1000TT respectively and cheaper.

Greddy Emanage Ultimate - 2500 ( A must in my opinion it makes tuning so easy even I could do it)
    Wideband a/f Kit (AEM or Innovate) - $1600 - 2000
    Boost gauge - 800
    Water temp gauge - 500
    Oil pressure and Temp gauge - 500 each
    manual boost controller - Not applicable
    Aeromotive or Sards Adjustable fuel pressure regulator - 400-1000 for one...
    TurboXS Knocklite - 800

installation of all these things are about 7000 cause everything is custom, and your car will be tuned to 5psi...
    if you want to push for more I cant say because WRX/Forester/STi injectors will not fit into a TS intake manifold...

best thing to do it accumulate these parts over a long term period as they tend to get cheaper obviously...

as for the auto guys an oil transmission cooler is a must and an engine oil cooler is optional...
    also optional is a meth/kit...or some sort of cooling kit... but only if you have a hood scoop if not these are mandatory.

Bye - Bye NA
    [attachment=10:2j5c2p38]207_91_Toco_Mar73_1_1.jpg[/attachment:2j5c2p38]

The Turbo
    [attachment=9:2j5c2p38]IMG00237.jpg[/attachment:2j5c2p38]

Wrapped Down-pipe
    [attachment=8:2j5c2p38]IMG00242.jpg[/attachment:2j5c2p38]

Turbo c/w DP
    [attachment=7:2j5c2p38]IMG00235.jpg[/attachment:2j5c2p38]

Wideband Air/fuel ratio reading 14.7 at idle Bang on!
    [attachment=6:2j5c2p38]IMG00223.jpg[/attachment:2j5c2p38]
    [attachment=0:2j5c2p38]IMG00052.jpg[/attachment:2j5c2p38]

Piping Attachment Up/Down pipe
    [attachment=5:2j5c2p38]IMG00277.jpg[/attachment:2j5c2p38]
    [attachment=4:2j5c2p38]IMG00288.jpg[/attachment:2j5c2p38]
    [attachment=3:2j5c2p38]IMG00279.jpg[/attachment:2j5c2p38]

Oil Sump Tapped
    [attachment=2:2j5c2p38]IMG00282.jpg[/attachment:2j5c2p38]

Finished product
    [attachment=1:2j5c2p38]IMG00390.jpg[/attachment:2j5c2p38]

Ola
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you are not living on the edge......yuh taking up too much space

Thanks

Re: Turbo Charging the TS parts list by Ola

$5250.00 and $7000.00 Labour and I left out all the guages, the Knocklite, the wideband,I only added in 300 for the exhaust barrel , So no exhaust work .

That is with out the price on the water injection around $3000.00
    A intercooler $????
    Most Ts cars are auto so most people will have to buy a tranny cooler $1000.00

This thoes not make sence my friends money wise .. I am seeing some men selling a TS here from $85000.00 to $102,000.00 (this person have to be mad by the way )

The total cost to turbo a TS =5250.00+7000.00=12250 and you will still need to spend more as I left out quite a bit to get the lowest possible figure
    If we add in the cost of the car lets use 95,000.00+12,250.00 =$107,250.00

Rite now there is a WRX for sale at rallymac motors for $120,000.00

I am not sure if its worth it ...since as i said befor a corolla will rite on ya bumper (giving the benifit of the dought again ) And a Sir civic will buss ya up and buying these two cars is way cheaper that $107,250.00

Thanks

Aneil, I agree with you if you looking at the end result. But sometimes the end result is nothing without the journey (IF the journey was the main driving force and not the end result of a modified car)

Thanks

Aniel I understand what you are trying to say economically...

I think the focus should be on the accomplishment made by Ola and not the amount of money spent.....

The only thing is I hope you do not have too much down time and everything holds out...

Great Job again and Good Luck!!!....
    <a href=http://i51.tinypic.com/1om5ag.gif target=_blank>http://i51.tinypic.com/1om5ag.gif</a>
    HSI: Handle Speed Intelligently

Thanks

This project has been a real learning experience for Ola and there is a lot more to take away from it than pointing out the money spent to get a 'fas' car.....Ola converted a street car to something that is really quite amazing to see on a dyno for TS....he's making more figures than a 2.0 N/A subie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frameone
    Aneil, I agree with you if you looking at the end result. But sometimes the end result is nothing without the journey (IF the journey was the main driving force and not the end result of a modified car)

Thank you frameone I couldn't have said it better myself.

To Aneil... I also agree with you if you are looking at the end result.

Having said that let me make this clear... what I have done was in no way a short cut to becoming a WRX, or STi nor was it an attempt to beat the next civic, corolla(<---Aniel favorite) etc. It is one thing to buy a finish product and another thing to build it your own.

Hey if I had a choice knowing then what i know now i would buy the WRX but would I trade it for the satisfaction of bringing to the TSOC community facts that in all my research I couldn't find? Hell no!

It is one thing to follow the crowd but another to be able to take a chance and stand out.

If your point was it was a waste of time and money.... You Win no argument there!

Was it satisfying? Hell yeah!

my 2c
    If you are not living on the edge......yuh taking up too much space

Thanks

Hey Ola ! Great job wit TC the TS and TOTAL CONGRATS !! Hopes all goes well and you do not encounter any problems as to cuz serious downtimes !!
    Looks like you put alot into the project guy !!! CHEERS !!!!!
    The 3 basic Principles for the Energy Force of a Country:-
    1. Man (women are also implied..)
    2. Plant & Equipment
    3. Environment

Therefore, Drive with one's Safety/Life in Mind, Operate & Maintain Yur Sube so it's always @ Peak Performance and as for the environment.............

San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ola
    Quote Originally Posted by frameone

Thank you frameone I couldn't have said it better myself.

To Aneil... I also agree with you if you are looking at the end result.

Having said that let me make this clear... what I have done was in no way a short cut to becoming a WRX, or STi nor was it an attempt to beat the next civic, corolla(<---Aniel favorite) etc. It is one thing to buy a finish product and another thing to build it your own.

Hey if I had a choice knowing then what i know now i would buy the WRX but I would trade it for the satisfaction of bringing to the TSOC community facts that in all my research I couldn't find? Hell no!

It is one thing to follow the crowd but another to be able to take a chance and stand out.

If your point was it was a waste of time and money.... You Win no argument there!

Was it satisfying? Hell yeah!

my 2c
    Well said Ola. It's not about the money but it's all in the satisfaction of doing it yourself and achieving your goals. I'm sure you have a better appreciation of your car now.

Keep it up.
    Whatever it is Chung did it...

Thanks

I like health disscussion and this is health disscussion ... I did rite off a corolla mash the gas instead of the brakes them thing fast no ass
    But me looking at the money is something we all need to look at . I am not one of thoes build and buy parts people way too much headach in my mind .This shows in my views and the fact that u had the balls to do this and give us the knowledge amaizing !! Bushman u on this site much ? My negative comments are realy realy negative this is in no way negative .. I must say to ola thanks for shearing this info . I worry about the longevity of this engine I hope it holds out don't push for too much .

Thanks

Congrats on your upgrades Ola!

Good to know you are happy with the end result.

With these new upgrades remember to monitor her more closely & do all yours checks on a regular basis.
    Love is doing small things with great love

- Mother Teresa