• Forester Cross Sports

26 74.29%
  • Forester XT

9 25.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forester XT vs Forester Cross Sports

Thanks

Forester XT vs Forester Cross Sports

I see a topic similar to this one has been raised before, but that was between two different brands.

but what i really want to know, is what are the noticeable differences between the two models stated, and which u think is better and why. Any help would be much appreciated! :P
    Cheap and fast won't be reliable. Cheap and reliable won't be fast. Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Thanks

Re: Forester XT vs Forester Cross Sports

As far as i know they have different transmissions the corss sport has a tip-tronic and the cross sport has a lil more Trim body kit thing ... We have a WR Limited XT so from checking around thats all i have noticed... so there pretty much the same

Thanks

the transmission in the cross sports is a high speed transmission.. capable up to ~400hp as i've heard
    with shifter on the steering wheel, actually much different than changing gears from 3 to D.. in sport mode.. hold high revs as in a manual tranny, but still has the torque converter which sucks
    the suspension is also different.. sti suspension on the cs, lower by 2inches
    different interior..
    different range of body kits..

the WR limited XT is a WR blue XT with blue wrx interior comes with the same wheels as the cross sports (16 inch) except in gold.. i not sure if it has any other differences to the regular XT, as far as i know its the same transmission everything

Thanks

All ya have sti suspension navin ?? OR just different springs ??? I realy find these XT and them does look highish ya know ...

Thanks

what about hp ? same? problems? any wrt the particular model?

what i mean is ..are there any problems that all owners with x sports have in common, and likewise the xt guys?
    Cheap and fast won't be reliable. Cheap and reliable won't be fast. Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Thanks

what about hp ? same? problems? any wrt the particular model?

what i mean is ..are there any problems that all owners with x sports have in common, and likewise the xt guys?
    IIRC, I remember an article saying the CS had lowered springs, not sure if the shocks are different. They still ride pretty good though.

Other than that, the CS has tiptronic trans, sportier seats, different grille and some trim. Engine should be fundamentally the same....both rated at 215/217 crank on the stock turbo.

Oh and keep in mind there are *some* guys "selling" Non-turbo Forester X's with the cross-sports grille and badges (and palming them off as such). Came across one example of this already locally.........so beware.
    Zerosports | Perrin | GodSpeed | SunLine Racing | SPT | McGard | ATE | Centric

Thanks

thanks for the info!
    where BlackXt and Trinidoc?

Thanks

You know what my answer will be.

Like the cutass I gave you did not convince you

Thanks

There all the same engine wise and a good car doh give trouble..... Unless u truning up boost and ruffing it up going maracas going be ****ty machanics ect ect . Great cars .

Thanks

well....so far besides the body kit, tiptronic tranny, and springs....pretty much the same.

other than that....i got a factory DVD/TV in my XT (can't use it though cause the blasted remote missing) and woodgrain finish on the interior..and some other funny lil park lights on the front bumper....never saw this on any other Fozz's.....

With the seats....i got fabric with a lil leather trimmings on the ends.

PS. Can anyone here help to activate meh DVD?????

question: can a CS tranny work on a XT?